1. What do I get for my entry fee?
All Anthem Wicked 10k participants receive a long sleeve technical race shirt, finisher medal, and a finisher item (only to actual finishers). All Old Point National Bank Monster Mile participants receive a short sleeve cotton t-shirt and finisher medal. All participants are invited to the post race party to include warm chili, Blue Moon beer (21+), and live music from Rock Star Parking. Please bring your race number with you to the post-race party as it is your ticket for food and beer.
2. How can I sign up for the events?
Click Here to register online now.
Click Here for a printable registration form
3. What are the age limits for the races?
There are no age limits. We encourage participants of all ages to join us.
4. Are the races walker friendly?
Yes, we will have plenty of participants that will walk. If you plan to walk the race, we do require that you line up at the back of the race corral so as not to impede runners.
5. Where can I find a course map?
Click here to view maps of the Anthem Wicked 10k and Old Point Monster Mile courses.
6. What will the weather be like in Virginia Beach during October?
The average high is in the mid 70's while the average low is in the mid 50's. This race is rain or shine!
7. What can I do before and after the race?
There are many fun things to do in Virginia Beach. Check out www.visitvirginiabeach.com.
8. Will I receive a refund if I cannot attend? Can someone else run with my number?
There are absolutely NO refunds, NO transfers to other runners, NO exceptions.
J & A Racing Inc. has a no transfer or refund policy.
It is imperative that the registration data associated with your race number does in fact belong to you, the participant. If race organizers become aware that a runner has participated in one of our events with a bib that is not registered to that runner, both the runner and the person whom the bib is registered will be prohibited from participating in subsequent J & A Racing Inc. events for a minimum of two years.
Minimum Two-Year Event Ban for Unauthorized Runners
Our past races have been marred by numerous participants running under the guise of someone else's race number. While this may seem harmless to the parties perpetrating the unauthorized bib transfer, it does convey serious consequences to the organizers and participant field alike.
From race results to finishers' awards being impacted as well as medical staff being able to correctly identify participants in need of treatment, it is imperative that the registration data associated with your race number does in fact belong to you, the participant.
Thus, if race organizers become aware that a runner has participated in one of our events wtih a bib that is not registered to that runner, both the runner and the person to whom the bib is registered will be prohibited from participating in subsequent J & A Racing events for a minimum of two years.
9. Are baby joggers or strollers allowed during the race?
If you choose to run with a baby jogger, you must seed yourself in the last corral - in the back of all runners. It is your responsibility to make sure the baby jogger does not impede other runners as well as you must take extra precaution as to your safety, your child's safety and the safety of the runners around you. We reserve the right to pull any person from the race who is endangering other runners or themselves.
10. Are pets allowed during the race?
No, this is to ensure runner safety and comply with liability insurance policies.
11. Are headphones (iPods, mp3 players, etc) allowed during the race?
Headphones are allowed. Please be aware of your surroundings and other runners.
12. When is the last day to register?
The last day to register online is October 22nd. We will also have registration at the Expo on the 25th if the race is not sold out prior.
13. Can I register on race day?
We will not have race day registration. We do expect this race to sell out at over 10,000 participants. Please register early.
Packet Pick Up
14. How will I receive my race packet?
You must pick up your race packet before the event. We will not mail race packets. You may pick up your packet during one of the following times and must bring ID: Friday October 25, 2013 between 11:00am - 8:00pm at the Virginia Beach Convention Center or Saturday October 26, 2013 between 6:30am - 8:00am at the Virginia Beach Convention Center
15. Can someone else pick up my packet for me?
If you are picking up race numbers for others, you must have your ID, a note from the person you are picking up for authorizing you to pick up their packet and a copy of their ID - NO EXCEPTIONS. Click here to get a form to make it easier! You may pick up for a family member with the same last name without a note or ID.
16. Where is the Virginia Beach Convention Center?
1000 19th Street Virginia Beach, VA 23451
17. Can I register on race day?
There will be no race day registration.
18. Do you accept credit cards for registration race weekend?
No, cash or check only.
19. Will there be water stops?
Yes, there will be water stops approximately at miles 2, 3.5 and 4.5.
20. Will there be gatorade and energy gels on the course?
There will be gatorade at all the waterstops but energy gels will not be provided.
21. Where can we park for the races?
The 10k race starts at the Virginia Beach Convention Center and ends on the boardwalk at 17th Street. The distance between the start and finish is 0.9 miles. You can park either at the start of the race at the Virginia Beach Convention Center or you can park near the finish in one of the city garages/lots and walk to the start. We encourage you to arrive early since parking can fill up quickly. Click here for a parking map with lots that are available.
22. What are the event start times?
Anthem Wicked 10k begins at 8:00 am at the Virginia Beach Convention Center. Old Point National Bank Monster Mile begins at 10:15 am at 20th Street and Atlantic.
23. Is there a dry bag check?
Yes, there will be dry bag check at the 10k race start from 6:30 am until 7:45 am. We will transport your bags to the finish chute. Look for the dry bag trucks at the start on 19th Street. Attach your Dry Bag Tag (detatch it from your race number) to your bag. We recommend a bag with a tie top that you can secure or a zipper top. Drop your bag at the truck that matches your race number. J&A Racing is not responsible for any lost items so please do not leave valuables in your dry bag.
24. What time should I get there?
We encourage you to arrive early to ensure a good parking spot and to get to the start line with plenty of time.
25. Is there a time limit?
Participants must complete the race under 2 hours (maintaining a 20 min per mile pace).
26. Are there corrals?
Yes there are 8 corrals and waves. You will be lined up by predicted time.
Corral Finish Times
1 0:50 & under
2 0:50 – 0:57
3 0:57 – 1:00
4 1:00 – 1:00
5 1:00 – 1:10
6 1:10 – 1:20
7 1:20 – 1:30
8 1:30 – 2:00
27. What roads will be closed and when will they open?
Click here for a list of road closures/openings.
28. Do I need my ID for the Finish Line Celebration?
You will need a wrist bracelet provided by the Anthem Wicked 10K in order to drink beer at the finish line festival. You can get this bracelet by showing us your ID at the expo (special ID Check booth) or at the finish line festival. Beer is free for all participants and can be purchased from the Noblemen at the party for any spectators. All beer sales proceeds go to the Noblemen.
29. Will there be an awards ceremony?
There will not be an awards ceremony for the race. There will be a Costume Contest awards ceremony at 11a. All race awards will be mailed out after results are confirmed.
30. What are the award groups?
- Top three overall (male/female)
- Top three masters overall (male/female)
- Top three finishers in each age group (male/female)
- Ages 10 and under
- Ages 11-14
- Ages 15-19
- Ages 20-24
- Ages 25-29
- Ages 30-34
- Ages 35-39
- Ages 40-44
- Ages 45-49
- Ages 50-54
- Ages 55-59
- Ages 60-64
- Ages 65-69
- Ages 70-74
- Ages 75-79
- Ages 80+
- Best individual costume (top 3)
- Pumpkin Pair (best 2 person costumes) top 3
- Best group costumes -- consist of 3 or more people (top 3)
* There are no awards for the Monster Mile. The top 3 overall and top 3 masters (40+) will be pulled from their age groups and automatically be placed in their respective catagory. (No double awards)
31. What are the prize divisions?
We will be judging for the top three in the following divisions:
- Individual Costume – costumes of only one person
- Partner Costume – costumes with two people participating
- Group Costume – 3 or more form a group
32. When and where do I get judged?
We will judge costumes in two areas on race day. Before the race at the Virginia Beach Convention Center from 6:30am - 7:30am and on the beach in the "party" area on the ocean side from 8:45am-10:15am. Awards will take place at 11:00am.
33. What are the costume rules?
- You must run in your costume the entire race to be eligible for prizes
- Groups and pairs must come to the judging table together to be judged
- If you are a group or a pair, you must pick a team captain and a team name. We will use this name and the team captain’s race number for judging
- You must have a race number visible to be eligible for the contest and keep your race number on for winner announcements
- You must have been a registered participant and run the race to be eligible for the costume contest
- You must be present at the awards ceremony to win a prize
34. How will I be judged?
Judges will be looking for originality, authenticity, overall theme, and craftsmanship.